How effective is your personal brand?

Monday, January 24, 2011

Teeter Lessons




I'm hooked on an application on my phone called Teeter.

I find myself playing this game when I’m waiting to meet with a client or on the train going into Chicago. I think what has me hooked is the hand and mind maneuvers I go through to win the game.

The object of the game is to get the ball in the green hole, but there are various wrong turns and twists which can end the game when your ball goes into the wrong hole. As you master the game, the challenges become harder and more complicated. I’ve made it to level 12. It’s taken me two weeks and far too much time. At least that’s what I thought until I decided that what this time-suck game was really all about was patience and ingenuity.

I’ve learned that in order to get the ball in the right hole, I need to slow down and finesse the ball,....slowly, slowly, lightly, SCORE! I’ve figured out that I have to try out different ways and paths to win. Once I’ve figured out the best moves, I have to practice and keep trying to score. I’m sure this game is easy for kids who play games all the time, but it’s a new experience for me. I'm also realizing that this little app is teaching what it takes to win in life as well: strategy, flexibility, stamina, practice, patience and how to try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment