How effective is your personal brand?

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Being Grateful


I read a book several years ago about gratefulness and how it helps you through really touch times in your life. Being grateful keeps you grounded. It speaks to your spirit.

Try making a list of everything you have to be grateful for: your spouse or significant other, family, colleagues, dog, cat, job, talents, accomplishments......As you write this list notice what makes you grateful for the entry. This exercise is particularly effective when you're in a bad mood. Making the list shifts your energy and mood. I keep a list to review when I feel myself wanting to visit "pity city". I remember that my husband is my best friend and cheers me on. I remember that I have a wonderful family and great friends. I remember that my dog loves me unconditionally.

Try to be grateful for the little things you may not always notice: flowers, silence laughter, good coffee, warm socks, HDTV, anything well written, soft sweaters, hot chocolate, sunsets, full moons, fresh strawberries, butter, sidewalk art, stars, wild birds, oak trees, alone time, together time, date night, diversity, options, adventures, bubbles, bling hockey, hugs, ocean breezes, anything purple, naps!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment